I usually have 2 hours to study. Sometimes more unfortunately my brain hurts after 2 hours. How do I break up study. Openings middle game end game? Should I play on different days? Should I play first then study? What if I only have 1 hour? Would it be better to study opening one day middle game the next. End game the next then play? What is an example of an amateur routine for improvement? Am I alone on this?
5. ...Bd6 6.f5 my thinking was it was good to block the bishop with e5 and c5. Is this logical thinking? It also gets prepared for possible King side attack. I think my chess skills for developing deep plans are flawed anyway to strengthen them? I use ChessTempo, CT-ART, and Chess King.
Okay, I think I finally figured out what I want to get my girlfriend for x-mas.
I'd love to get her a nice glass chess set, but I don't know if my budget allows for that.
I'm looking to spend $80-100 on one, maybe a bit more.
Since she is fan of some mystery kind content (Game of Thrones series, Dragon Age game), will it be nice to present https://recroompick.com/best-chess-sets/#product2 a chessboard themed in dragons style? Any opinions?
The one who raises his rating most in this month will join our PRO Members team for 1 month for FREE!
It can be online and offline (but not the rating of tactics).
To participate you should screenshot your rating the moment you read this post and add it here.
At the end of the month, who raised his rating most - he wins!
1. In your repertoire suggestion for the main line with 12.a4, you say that White should sacrifice the bishop (19.Bxg5) and keep the knight. However, keeping the bishop seems more dangerous to me: Bg5 supports the march of the h-pawn and makes it much harder for Black to shift pieces to the kingside (no ..Re7 or ..Qd8). The combined threat of Qg4 and advancing the h-pawn seems extremely dangerous and much easier to play for White. Engines struggle to defend this position and often propose computer moves (e.g. ..f5 pawn sacrifice) as Blacks only chance of survival. Whats your take on this?
2. In the main line with 12.Re1, you recommend 12...Qa5. However, 13.a4 (with play similar to 12.a4) seems very dangerous, as Bd2 will once again come with tempo. Is this reason enough to prefer 12...Qb6 or 12...Ra6?
Dear PRO Members!
Please post here your games played online or offline when you win with our ChessMood Openings.
At the end of the month, we will vote and find the winner, who will get another 1 month of Membership or "Right Mood - Right Move" t-shirt.
Very interesting and thought provoking course. I also wanted to mention that the overwhelming choice of strong London System specialist against our chosen ChessMood line is:
1.d4 Nf6 2.Bf4 g6 3.Nc3 d5 4.e3 (4.Qd2!? is a specialty of GM Daniel Naroditsky) Bg7 5.h4
Perhaps you could upload an antidote to the above lines in future London System videos.
So my next Monday night game is with the white pieces against the Strong FM Pedram Atoufi (rated 2400) and I would love to get a win against him! He plays both the Pirc and the Philidor's Defense. I am including the last 3 games I have played against him (all losses) for reference to the lines he plays. Any help on how I should play is greatly appreciated.
Game 1 - https://www.chess.com/a/GvXzweq4ZwLa
Game 2 - https://www.chess.com/a/mBDbxUAAZwLa
Game 3 - https://www.chess.com/a/mBDbxUAAZwLa
We had a few very interesting games.
2 of my opponents were really cheating :)
1 won clearly :)
Here are 3 positions, which I wanted to share with you.
1. I checked my analyses, instead of h4, the move I played in the game is fine, but f4 is giving more advantage! More about it, will be on upcoming course "Crushing Scandinavian"
2. I played Re3 in the game, but it's better Qc2 immediately, and no worry about Bc4, because of Qa4, and a7,c6 pawn, K on c8 are really weak. I need Rh3 for attack, so Re3 changing the Rooks was a mistakes.
3. Bhabatosh, you were right, Nd1 was winning, I missed it :)
Thanks everyone who was with us, hope the stream was valuable.
See you after tomorrow!
Every Monday night I play a G90+5 game, and this week I got my pairing very early, so I have time to prep for my opponent!
I will be playing black against an expert level player, and he almost always plays the Kings Indian Attack with white, with his first moves being 1.e4, 2. Nf3, 3. g3 and 4. Bg2.
I have played this gentleman 17 times in over the board play! I am 3 wins 3 draws and 11 losses against him, however we have not played since I started with the ChessMood openings, so I know I can surprise him!
Any ideas how I should play against his set up is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Hello coach, hello everyone
The past week or so I have encountered this line 3 or 4 times (from different opponents):
1.e4 e5 2.d4 d5 3.Bd3 dxe4 4.Bxe4 Nf6 5.Bf3 c5 6.Ne2 Nc6 7.Be3 e5!?
The first time I still thought to myself that my opponent was out of book and improvising, but I completely failed to show any advantage in any of those games and even got into serious difficulties in 1 or 2 of them.
So, the fact that I never saw it before and now suddenly in just one week 3 or 4 people have played the same line that brought me trouble, makes me suspect that it is no coincidence and that a new line has been invented/published/advocated somewhere.
Do you have any thoughts on this?
P.S. Slightly off topic, I also encountered 1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.Bd3 Nc6!? and with only 3+0 time, I didn't manage to come up with anything more incisive than 4.exd5, giving away my opening advantage.
It's high time to reveal the WINNERS of September Challenge!
"The Best game of September" goes to Anastasis Koukas!
"The Best game with ChessMood Openings" goes to Jeffrey Cobb!
"The Champion of September" is a PRO Member Alex Terzi who raised 130 points!
Congratulations to all the Winners!
Everyone gets 1-month Free Membership in ChessMood.
As we have a very tight-knit community, and many of you help each other, anytime you get help from someone, you can send nice words to that person here.
At the end of the month together we will vote to find the person who had the most impact on your success (you can't vote for our instructors)
The Hero of the month will join our PRO Members team for 1 month for Free!