I'll take just a minute from you 😇
Please create a free account and continue enjoying the course.
Counter the English Opening
(4 hours 2 min)
One of the most popular 1st moves you’re likely to face with Black is 1.c4, also known as The English Opening.
It’s a solid opening where the structure often remains flexible and closed.
Many amateurs struggle to play against such openings because often it’s easy to make a reckless move that can create long-term problems.
So how should you play against 1.c4? ...
This course will give you a practical repertoire starting with 1...c5!
Below are some of the diagrams from this course:
Once you finish the course, you'll feel very comfortable playing against 1.c4.
Let's start the journey!
What you'll learn
- A full repertoire to counter the English opening with 1.c4 c5!
- The strategy for both sides in this opening.
- A rare but perhaps the strongest continuation against one of White’s solid setup — the Botvinnik System.
- How to counter White's double fianchetto setup in this opening?
- Model games to help you grasp the key ideas and concepts in this opening and more.
Lesson Plan80 episode(s) 4 hours 2 min
Students give this course an average of 5 out of 5 stars.