I'll take just a minute from you 😇
Please create a free account and continue enjoying the course.
Queen vs Pawn
(1 hour 39 min)
Most Queens vs Pawn endgames arise out of pawn races.
One side promotes their pawn to a Queen. The other is left with an advanced pawn 1 or 2 squares away from promotion.
In that case:
- How do you decide if the Queen can stop the pawn in time or not?
- If it can, what’s the technique to do so?
This course will show you the exact technique you need to know to figure out how to stop the pawn...
You’ll also see some exceptions and how the Queen fares against advanced and connected pawns.
Below are some positions taken from the course:
In the end, you’ll become better and faster at evaluating pawn races.
If you’re an advanced player who has studied this ending, our Grandmasters have a challenge for you! ?
Go to the last section of the course (Section-5), and solve the puzzles you find there!
You’ll find many strange ideas and patterns which even surprised our GMs, while they were collecting material for this course.
What you'll learn
- The technique with the Queen to stop a far-advanced pawn from promoting.
- The cases where the Queen cannot stop the far-advanced pawn.
- How the Queen fares against advanced connected passed pawns.
Lesson Plan43 episode(s) 1 hour 39 min
Students give this course an average of 4.8 out of 5 stars.