I'll take just a minute from you 😇
Please create a free account and continue enjoying the course.
Speedboat Adventures | Power Your Rooks Through Open Files
(2 hours 39 min)
Controlling open files is an important strategic concept that helps you apply pressure on your opponent, paralyze the movement of their pieces, and infiltrate their position.
This course will teach you the key ideas and concepts in order to achieve this...
Below you can find some positions taken from the course.
There are model game positions that will help you to understand how to implement the key concepts in your own games.
Ready? Let’s go!
What you'll learn
- How to fight for open files by making exchanges or sacrifices.
- How to prevent your opponent from entering your camp by controlling key entry squares.
- What are useless open files and why you shouldn't occupy them.
- Which open files are the most important to control.
- How to make the most out of your Rooks on the 7th rank.
Lesson Plan85 episode(s) 2 hours 39 min
Students give this course an average of 5 out of 5 stars.