I'll take just a minute from you 😇
Please create a free account and continue enjoying the course.
Rook vs Bishop
When exchange up, it’s a good strategy to trade and go into an endgame.
This often leads to Rook vs Bishop endings.
And you’ll be surprised by how tricky they are.
Sometimes, your opponent can be down an exchange and a central pawn. It seems too big of a disadvantage.
But your opponent has serious chances of making a draw, if you don’t know the right technique.
There are also positions with equal pawns where one side can be an exchange up, and the game is completely drawn!
In this course, GM Gabuzyan will show you the most important theoretical positions of Rook vs Bishop endgames.
There will be quizzes and tests to reinforce what you learn.
Studying this will help you play the Rook vs Bishop endgame battle better.
But the real value of this knowledge is when you understand in advance the endgames you should get into and the ones to avoid, when exchange up or down.
Let’s get started!
What you'll learn
- The winning technique in Rook + pawn vs Bishop position.
- The danger you should avoid when pressing for a win in Rook + pawn vs Bishop endgame.
- The winning position and technique in Rook + h-pawn vs Bishop position.
- When the Rook + h-pawn vs Bishop position is drawn.
- Evaluating Rook vs Bishop endgame with 2 vs 2 pawns.
- Can the side with the Bishop defend in a 3 vs 3 pawn situation?
- Is Bishop + 2 pawns enough to win against a Rook and much more!
Lesson Plan25 episode(s) 58 min
Students give this course an average of 5 out of 5 stars.