I'll take just a minute from you 😇
Please create a free account and continue enjoying the course.
(5 hours 23 min)
You can’t learn any other endgame if you don’t understand the pawn endgame!
Because from almost any other endgame, you can transpose into them, by exchanging the last remaining pieces.
So evaluating the arising pawn ending, especially when both sides are low on time, becomes a super important skill to develop.
Having a good understanding of it can be a game-changer!
In this course, GM Gabuzyan will help you build a rock-solid foundation for playing pawn endings, step-by-step.
There are 2 sections in this course – one for below 2000 rating and the advanced one for above 2000 rating.
As you implement what you learn here, you’ll start making more accurate choices in pawn endings without having to calculate tons of lines. And when you calculate less, imagine how much faster you’ll make decisions.
You’ll also have the confidence to transpose into winning pawn endgames and save positions where you know the defensive technique.
Ready to take your pawn endgame skills to the next level?
Let’s get started!
What you'll learn
- Basics like opposition, square rule, zugzwang etc.
- The rabbit and hunter concept to decide whether a King can stop 2 separated pawns
- The Pythagoras rule to evaluate the ending when both side have pawns on edge of the board
- The art of losing a move to get a decisive advantage
- Is 1 extra pawn enough to win in pawn endings?
- Are 2 vs 1 pawn majority positions winning?
- Are 2 vs 2 symmetrical positions drawn?
- Evaluating 3 vs 3 symmetrical pawn endgames
- How to make decisions while transposing from a piece endgame to a pawn endgame?
- Advanced practical concepts like multitasking King, corresponding squares and a lot more…
Lesson Plan146 episode(s) 5 hours 23 min
Students give this course an average of 4.9 out of 5 stars.