I'll take just a minute from you 😇
Please create a free account and continue enjoying the course.
Nightmare of Rossolimo
(3 hours 31 min)
In the 2018 World Championship Match, the Rossolimo was Fabiano Caruana's primary weapon against Magnus Carlsen's Sicilian.
However, after a few games, Caruana abandoned the Rossolimo and immediately switched to the mainline with 3.d4.
Turns out Carlsen had found improvements that made Black's life easier in this opening.
When our Grandmasters dived deep into the line Carlsen played, it became clear to them why Caruana had switched...
In this course, you'll learn the lines which Carlsen had in store against the Rossolimo.
Below are some positions from the course:
After you grasp the content here, you'll also be ready to give your opponents a 'nightmare in Rossolimo'.
What you'll learn
- A full opening repertoire for Black to fight the Sicilian Rossolimo (1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5)
- The ideas and strategies for both sides in the opening.
- The old theory where White could cause problems for Black.
- Carlsen’s simple and strong improvement in this line that gives Black an easy game.
- How to counter White's sidelines in the Rossolimo?
- Model games to help you understand this line better and more.
Lesson Plan65 episode(s) 3 hours 31 min
Students give this course an average of 5 out of 5 stars.