I'll take just a minute from you 😇
Please create a free account and continue enjoying the course.
Counter 1.b3 Larsen Opening
(1 hour 38 min)
Many players spend time preparing against White’s mainlines, beginning with 1.e4, 1.d4, 1.c4, or 1.Nf3. As a result, it’s easy to ignore preparation against other 1st move options.
And 1.b3 is one such move. It’s a more interesting opening than its reputation gives it credit for.
It is an ideal choice for practical players who want to avoid theoretical battles and play fresh positions...
White fianchettos their Bishop with 2.Bb2 and waits before committing to a pawn structure.
So how do we play against this opening? That's what we will cover in this course.
If you’ve prepared the ChessMood repertoire against English and Nc3 Anti-Sicilian, you’ll quickly acquaint yourself with the pawn structure and the typical plans we recommend here.
Let’s get started!
What you'll learn
- What to do against the Larsen opening — 1.b3?
- The idea behind 1.b3.
- A complete practical repertoire beginning with 1.b3 c5! which is easy to remember.
- The reason behind meeting the Larsen opening with our first move 1...c5.
- The setup which coach GM Gabuzyan himself uses in practice, and from his experience gives Black easy-to-play positions.
- How to play against White’s different systems beginning with moves like 3.Nf3, 3.f4, 3.e3 which are often recommended in other sources and more.
Lesson Plan37 episode(s) 1 hour 38 min
Students give this course an average of 4.9 out of 5 stars.