I'll take just a minute from you 😇
Please create a free account and continue enjoying the course.
Attack Against Caro-Kann with the Exchange Variation
(5 hours 41 min)
The Caro-Kann is considered a solid line for Black. How do you play against it?
So before preparing for this course, I asked 2 questions to some of my Grandmaster friends who are experts in the Caro-Kann:
What’s the most unpleasant line for them in this opening?
What’s the easiest line to learn for White against it?
And all of them gave the same answer to both the questions — The Caro-Kann Exchange variation...
So with our team, we started to explore this line with the White pieces. And even we were surprised when we found that Black faces problems in an opening as solid as the Caro-Kann.
One of the main problems for Black is what to do with their King.
After 3.exd5 cxd5 4.Bd3, White is preparing to launch a piece attack on the Kingside if Black castles there.
Castling on the Queenside can be risky because in that case, White can instantly open the c-file with a timely c4.
And thanks to the semi-open e-file, the center is also a shaky place for the Black king to be.
At the same time, White plays natural moves, making it easy to remember the line.
Below you can find some positions taken from the course:
And after watching this course, you’ll smile whenever someone plays 1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 just like many of our students.
I wish you good luck, and am looking forward to seeing you in the course!
What you'll learn
- A complete Caro-Kann Exchange repertoire for White after 1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3.exd5, covering important variations and sidelines.
- The plans, strategies, and move-by-move variations of the Exchange Caro-Kann.
- How to fight against Black's passive setup in this opening.
- An opening concept to help you choose the best square for your Bishop while restricting that of your opponent.
- The art of attacking in same-side castling positions.
- Model games to help you understand this opening better.
- How to transition to an endgame and increase your advantage and more.
Lesson Plan79 episode(s) 5 hours 41 min
Students give this course an average of 4.9 out of 5 stars.