I'll take just a minute from you 😇
Please create a free account and continue enjoying the course.
Bishop vs Knight
(1 hour 0 min)
Bishop vs Knight is one of the most exciting and evenly-matched endgame battles.
In this course, endgame theory expert GM Gabuzyan will guide you through the most important theoretical positions of this ending.
You’ll discover the standard winning techniques and defensive methods with both pieces.
You’ll also learn how to play this ending when one side has a 2 vs 1, 3 vs 2, or 4 vs 3 pawn majority.
Quizzes and tests accompany the video lessons to reinforce what you learn.
All of this will improve your decision-making, adding a new layer of understanding to your knowledge of Bishop vs Knight positions.
Ready to begin? Let’s get started!
What you'll learn
- The winning and defensive strategies in a Knight + a passer on the 7th rank vs Bishop.
- The winning and defensive strategies in a Bishop + a passer on the 7th rank vs Knight.
- How to find out if you have the “right” Bishop to promote your passed pawn on the 7th rank?
- The type of 6th rank passer the Bishop struggles to defend.
- The type of 6th rank passer the Bishop easily defends alone.
- An important principle when defending in Knight vs Bishop + 6th rank passed pawn.
- How to play in a Bishop vs Knight endgames with 2 vs 1, 3 vs 2, 4 vs 3 pawn majority.
- A classic Bishop dominating the Knight idea and more.
Lesson Plan34 episode(s) 1 hour 0 min
Students give this course an average of 5 out of 5 stars.