I'll take just a minute from you 😇
Please create a free account and continue enjoying the course.
10. Attacking the Scandinavian
(3 hours 41 min)
Back in 2006, at Wijk Ann Zee, the Dutch GM Sergi Tiviakov unleashed the Scandinavian Defense against the then elite players of the world.
His results were nothing short of impressive — holding the joint-winner GM Vishwanathan Anand to a draw while beating GM Gata Kamsky.
It turned out that the Scandinavian (or Center-Counter) could be more than just a surprise weapon.
But is there a way for White to get an advantage in the opening? ...
With the right play, there is ?
White can get an advantage while also not cramming complex lines into their brains. This course covers exactly that!
Check out the positions taken from this course below:
After finishing it, you’ll have a clear plan on how to get an opening advantage whenever you face the Scandinavian Defense.
What you'll learn
- The essential ideas and variations you need to know to get an advantage in this opening.
- Why after 2...Qxd5, our Grandmasters recommend 3.Nf3, instead of the tempo-gaining 3.Nc3.
- The most dangerous move against 2...Nf6, which is one of Black’s mainlines.
- Model games that will give you a practical guide on converting the opening advantage.
Lesson Plan72 episode(s) 3 hours 41 min
Students give this course an average of 5 out of 5 stars.