loader
Following
ChessMood

ChessMood 11 months ago

NEW ARTICLE: How I Achieved 2.900 on Chess.com!
Hey Champions!

We have this topic in our Blog:

https://chessmood.com/blog/how-i-achieved-2900-on-chess-com

If you have any questions, comments or you just liked it, feel free to share your thoughts here.

Llorenç Boldú Zabih

Llorenç Boldú Zabih 11 months ago

First congratulations, your persistance and achievement was impressive.

Last year I hired a GM as a coach and one day I ask him if blitz help to improve. He said no although he had a good rating at chessli and chess.com. My conclusion is that blitz (and bullet) are for Masters and Youngsters.

Kids and youngsters like to play fast even at classical chess. They finish their game with 30-60min of spare time.

Masters are good players so is logical they play good at any time control. Humans like to do in what they excel. Success makes people more happy.

I am an amateur in my late 50 so I don't play blitz. I like to solve exercises and read the theory and history of our amazing game. Sometimes I go OTB in classical time control, but lately I blunder a lot and drop lot of material, time takes it's toll. 

Giorgos Kechagias

Giorgos Kechagias 11 months ago

Well, Llorenç, I am a youngster, so you can challenge me on chess.com or lichess to check out how much I calculate on classical and how much time I take by move. Go to the sparring partners thread and you will find my IDs.
WIM_Siranush Ghukasyan

WIM_Siranush Ghukasyan 11 months ago

Couldn't be a better ending for Chessmood in 2020!!! Sooo motivating and useful!
md. redwan ullah

md. redwan ullah 11 months ago

I want to reach 2200 on chess.com by the end of 2021
Giorgos Kechagias

Giorgos Kechagias 11 months ago

Firstly congratulations GM Avetik! Well, I am floating around 1860-1900 on chess.com and lichess blitz. Target is 2000. And in rapid I float around 1880-1910 and I also want 2000. Note: I have raised 230 points in all time controls last year.
Kevin D

Kevin D 11 months ago

Well done sensei, some of those games were extremely well played and very instructive, perhaps you should use them in the courses as further examples of just how devastating the repertoire can be.
GM_Avetik Grigoryan

GM_Avetik Grigoryan 10 months ago

Thanks, my friend! 
Will add some of the games to courses :) 
amit mishra

amit mishra 11 months ago

Congrats !! GM Avetik for this achievement.Very inspirational article specially i like paragraphs under heading Doing a deep analysis, The importance of practice & What I did wrong.

Kourosh A

Kourosh A 11 months ago

Congratulations GM Avetik

Michael Larsen

Michael Larsen 11 months ago

Congratulations. The article is very inspiring.
Inguh Kim

Inguh Kim 11 months ago

Wow the raised arms pic is priceless! The power of goals with a strong WHY. I'm gonna try it for the new year!
Kevin Sun

Kevin Sun 11 months ago

you are a truly role model!