loader

Get unlimited access to all our training for $29/mo

Following
ChessMood

ChessMood 9 months ago

2020 and our Goals

Hey Champions! 
The best way to achieve our main goal is to divide it into steps and make an action plan.
Let's write our goals list, the plan how we will do that and achieve our goals step-by-step. 

#COGRO (Constant Growth )
#Right Mood - Right Move! 

GM_Avetik Grigoryan

GM_Avetik Grigoryan 9 months ago

Well, as a chess player my goal in 2020 gonna be to pass 2900 in chess.com 
Now it is 2765. 
Till June the goal gonna be 2850. And from June to January 2900.
Hopefully, I'll be an example, what kind of magic can do Right Mood. 
GM_Avetik Grigoryan

GM_Avetik Grigoryan 7 months ago

Guys, do you remember I said till June I'll get 2850? :) 
I did it in March! :)  Passed 2850 with 17...Rc4!! move :) 
https://www.chess.com/live/game/4556318584

I just want on my example to show you, what kind of magic can do the Right Mindset, goal, and right effort. 
Keep growing. 
Hopefully, it will be contagious for you, guys.  
ARNAV maheshwari

ARNAV maheshwari 9 months ago

my goal is to improve my game understanding currently I am 1847[earlier touches 2039 in live] and want to make my game to a level where I can play for IM norms 
Brian Escalante

Brian Escalante 5 months ago

That is a quite sensible and ambitious goal :)! Probably you may wanna start thinking about IM norms once your rating is around 2200, I'm sure you will get there pretty soon with that attitude!
ARNAV maheshwari

ARNAV maheshwari 5 months ago

Thanks brian but not now i guess due to corana
Bhabatosh Chowdhury

Bhabatosh Chowdhury 8 months ago

When my chess.com rating was floating between 2100+ I thought 2250 would be good target for this year , since I never set goal before I was sceptic. As I started to think about this stopped playing Bullet completely , slowly I was hovering close to 2200 and realized it is coming much sooner than I thought possible... now that I feel confident I feel 2300 is my target. Today I reached 2200 .
Bhabatosh Chowdhury

Bhabatosh Chowdhury 1 month ago

happy to share that i have reached this goal also , I have 3 chess . com accounts and managed to move Blitz rating over 2300 all of them at  same time ....now I want to keep staying over 2300 and before 2021 will try my best to reach 2400 ....its not far .

My Ids are bchowdhury , BhabatoshC , wambat3 ....if you want to play practice game please add me ... and wish everyone here reaches their short term and long term goal ...I was not committed enough for few months thats why took me 6 months to reach this target . Now I am fully invested in Chess .

Roger Rein

Roger Rein 8 months ago

Well well. Even the old guys must improve. Today my lichess rating are around 1700. (1736 in blitz and 1698 in bullet). My first goal is stabilation around 1900 in the middle of the year. And second reach 2021 before 2021. ????????????

19th April: I am on my way ????????

GM_Avetik Grigoryan

GM_Avetik Grigoryan 8 months ago

Lol :) Nice! :) 
Abhi yadav

Abhi yadav 8 months ago

Study plan:

1, Classics Section:

My goal is to study 1000 classics before december so from Jan 2021 I will play rated events and I wanna improve my positional play to the next level. I love Ulf Anderson's book which chessmood recommended soon I am gonna buy it and I also love Karpov's style. 

2. Tactics:

I also will solve daily 20 mins tactics.

3. Openings:

, I will finish all section of chessmood openings on my board and I will improve my openings too. So I will study 20 mins openings from openings files which I made during my study in past.

Total Study time for me is 3 hr classics and 40 mins in tactics and openings.

In case of online play

I want to reach 2000 in 3days per move games and maintain it too.

I want to reach 2200 in blitz chess.com and maintain it too.

I want to get 2000 in rapid chess.com and maintain it too.

Jay Garrison

Jay Garrison 8 months ago

While I have made a post on my 2020 goals here: https://chessmood.com/forum/main-channel/2020-vision it doesn't cover my online blitz rating goal, so I will give that here in this thread!

My rating in chess.com is currently 1750ish (give or take a few points) with my peak being 1876. I started last year at 1574 so had a peak gain of 302 points. Repeating that performance is supposed to be harder because your opponents get tougher as you go, but I say I am getting tougher as I go and not only will I increase another 302 points (2178) but will get the remaining points to hit 2200! 

OK I ramble, 2200 it is! Lets Go!

Jeffrey Cobb

Jeffrey Cobb 8 months ago

As a chess player, my goal is to raise my USCF rating from 1800 to 2000 by 12/31. Here is how I will do it.

Play and learn CM openings.  The challenge is my AADD (Adult Attention Deficit Disorder) that makes it hard for me to focus on the videos for more than a few minutes at a time.  For this reason I will take the videos in small doses and focus on the ones most relevant to the games I play.

I will not play blitz games, at which I am pretty bad, and focus on quality over quantity.  I will analyze all games played in the context of improving tactics, opening, middle, and endgame play.

I will solve tactical puzzles

I will study the classic games GM Grigoryan has analyzed for us

Of course, I will play USCF rated tournaments at every opportunity

Javid Safi

Javid Safi 7 months ago

JAVID SAFI
Matthew Pratt

Matthew Pratt 7 months ago

My goal is to get to 2000 USCF before I die. I am 1830 right now. Sounds easy but its like trying to date a 10 when your a 5. I am a friend of Matthew Hammons. Mostly come in the top 3 of local tournaments and I am better at tactics then strategy. No idea what I need to do to achieve my goal but I do work a few hours a day at chess. No plan right now, maybe later!
Matthew Pratt

Matthew Pratt 6 months ago

A little update. I got a great plan from GM Avetik. It starts with 90 days of no bullet! Who knew? I’m about 7 days into the 90 days and am studying annoyed games and openings. Little bit of tactics but not a lot because GM Avetik thought I needed more of the latter.
Inguh Kim

Inguh Kim 3 months ago

Wow. 
Neha K

Neha K 7 months ago

my goal is to improve my game understanding and rating.. I have decided to try my best this year.. it takes a lot of time to practice. I have started to solve more tactics and play more games to make my middle game and endgame strong

Matthew Pratt

Matthew Pratt 6 months ago

Good luck! Did you have any ratings goals or are you focused more on learning/improving?
Neha K

Neha K 3 months ago

Yes
Jyotisko Sengupta

Jyotisko Sengupta 6 months ago

my goal is to solve 10000 puzzle by the end of this year and to prepare some strong openings from chessmood so i will shock my friend and opponents after the covid pandamic gets over.
ChessMood

ChessMood 6 months ago

Good plan! 
Are you a PRO Members Jyotisko? 
Jyotisko Sengupta

No I am not a pro member but i have completed four courses when the courses were free for corona virus.Thanks for that free offer!
Tanmoy Mitra

Tanmoy Mitra 6 months ago

My goal is to reach at 1800+ in rapid and 1700+ in blitz in 2020
Tanmoy Mitra

In chess.com 
Tanmoy Mitra

My goal is to reach at 1800+ in rapid and 1700+ in blitz in 2020
Arman Shahzamani

Arman Shahzamani 6 months ago

I started 2020 with 2063 Fide Elo , and in the end of 2020 i want to be 2163 hopefully !
Jyotisko Sengupta

The problem is will the organizers be able to timely host tournaments after the situation calms down.
Shiv Shome

Shiv Shome 6 months ago

My goal is to get IM Norms and become an IM this year
tahseen mohammed

tahseen mohammed 6 months ago

i want to reach 2000 on lichess before i finish my final year of medicine.. wish me luck
Veselin Nikolov

Veselin Nikolov 6 months ago

My goal is to become an IM within the next 9 years.

Goals for this year:

- Become more comfortable with the top 5 openings where I feel discomfort right now, lead by Scandi, the Dragon both sides, Caro Exchange-like positions, and Alekhine. Perhaps others.

- Reduce the middle game blunders like dropping queens and checkmates in 1

- Increase physical endurance to be able to survive a real, full OTB tournament

I believe rating will come when I start playing better chess. For reference, my lichess blitz rating is currently in the range 2100-2250, and blitz is what I enjoy playing.

Jyotisko Sengupta

I had a new thought! This year not only I will improve but will also encourage others and tell them about chessmood. For that, I edit my lichess profile. So, whoever will visit it, will get acknowledged about chessmood.

https://lichess.org/@/jyotisko06

Ovi S

Ovi S 5 months ago

Always good to see chess players helping others...
Rachishnu Datta

Rachishnu Datta 5 months ago

my goal is to go into 2000 rating as fast as the world gets relief from covid 19
skipper chess

skipper chess 5 months ago

my goal is to become a titled player or win a medal for my country and make india proud before I turn 13 and after that learn python and make a website with other titled friends(like ChessMood)  and share my education like GM Avetik!